Friday, March 20, 2020

GURPS Monster: Flesh Golem Hound

I've been running the Pathfinder adventure path Carrion Crown in GURPS. Naturally, I've had to adapt and convert the scenarios to GURPS rules from Pathfinder. Importantly, I've been converting by concept rather than by rules. Eventually, I am going to make a post and share all of the conversion notes that I've made so that if anyone else ever wants to do this they can take a look at my conversion notes, see if it works for them, and hopefully save them the trouble.
This post relates to that, so allow me to mention the obvious: this post might have a spoiler or two for Carrion Crown book 2, "Trial of the Beast."
So while I'm putting that together, I figured that I might post something that I made for book 2 of Carrion Crown. It is the Flesh Golem Hound that one encounters in Vorkstag & Grines Chymic Works. Pathfinder has its own special rules for this variant flesh golem, but what I did was simpler than just trying to convert the monster. There is, very fortunately, a blog listed in my blogroll called the Generic Universal Eggplant that provides spells, alchemical formulas, and, of course, monsters. Nearly everything is a translation from D&D (seems like mostly 3rd edition). So fortunately, there was a flesh golem that I could use in making this beast. Rather than attempt to convert each of the special features of the flesh golem hound, I took the large guard dog of B457 and applied the Enraged Eggplant flesh golem template -- voila. It's not exactly as powerful or threatening as it was in Pathfinder, but I was satisfied. If I were an enslaved mongrelman working in the chymic works, I might be deterred from escaping if it were guarding my only escape.
Flesh Golem Hound 
ST 13 DX 11; IQ 0 HT 13; thr 1d sw 2d-1 Lift 34 HP 15 Will 10; Per 12 FP N/A; SM 0 Speed 6; Move 10 Dodge 9. 120 lbs.
Traits: Chummy, Discriminatory Smell; Automaton [-85]; Berserk (15) [-5]; Domestic Animal; Quadruped; DR 3 (Tough Skin, -40%) [9]; Doesn’t Breathe [20]; Doesn’t Eat or Drink [10]; Doesn’t Sleep [20]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]; Immunity to Mind Control [30]; Injury Tolerance (Unliving, No Blood) [25]; Magic Resistance 5 [10]; Sharp Teeth. Unaging [15]; Unfazeable [15]; Vacuum Support [5], Fragile (Unnatural) [-50], No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5]; Unhealing (Total) [-30].
Features: Taboo Trait (Fixed IQ) [0]; Has no FP [0].
Skills: Brawling-13.
Bite (13) 1d cut, Reach C, no parry.
If I wanted to beef it up, I'd add two levels of Striking Strength and, as a mad doctor, install some razor-sharp talons, giving it Bite (13) 1d+2 cutting Reach C and Talons (13) 1d+2 cutting or impaling Reach C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Carrot Launcher (Large Carrot-Shooting Revolving Rifle)

This is probably going to be a bit of a strange, cutsie little post. I just posted it on my Mastodon and figured that I may as well also sha...