Friday, January 31, 2020

Mongrelfolk Racial Template

I maybe mentioned that I've been running Carrion Crown in GURPS. Well, I've had to make a racial template for mongrelfolk and as far as I could tell there weren't any other GURPS conversions that'd already been made. I decided that I would go ahead with making my own and then share it with everyone since I'm so nice like that. I tried to emulate the prolific Enraged Eggplant in presentation. I don't generally go with boxes or anything, though. I generally stick with humble messes of stats and lines.
Mongrelfolk have an interesting concept, and I think in a campaign down the line I may perhaps introduce them as a PC race in a fantasy campaign.
In addition to what I describe, they are generally a low-tech civilization, so it might be reasonable to assign them TL 1 or 2, perhaps even TL 0.
The Mongrelman as envisioned by a Paizo artist

Mongrelfolk (93)
Attributes: ST+2 [20] DX+1 [20] HT +2 [20]; Per+1 [5]; Speed +0.25 [5].
Advantages: Blunt Claws [3], Damage Resistance 3 (Tough Skin -40%) [9], Outdoorsman 1 [7/level], Night Vision 9 [9], Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (+8) [15].
Disadvantages: Social Stigmas (Minority Group) [-10] and (Second-Class Citizen) [-5], Unnatural Features  (describe five weird things specific to you) [-5].
Without the alternative cost for talents (See Power-ups 3: Talents), +3 points. May have more fearsome claws or even a striker in place of a hand. Could also easily have sharp teeth.
Typical Stats
ST 12 DX 11 IQ 10 HT 12; thr 1d-1 sw 1d+2 Lift 29 HP 12 Will 10 Per 11 FP 12; SM 0 Speed 6 Move 6; DR 3*.
Traits Blunt Claws, DR 3 (Tough Skin), Outdoorsman 1, Night Vision 9, Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (+8), Social Stigmas (Minority Group) and (Second-Class Citizen), 5 Unnatural Features.
Skills Brawling-13, Broadsword-12
Light Club (12) 1d+3 cr or 1d cr, Reach 1, P0, 3 lbs.
Punch (13) 1d cr, Reach C, P-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Carrot Launcher (Large Carrot-Shooting Revolving Rifle)

This is probably going to be a bit of a strange, cutsie little post. I just posted it on my Mastodon and figured that I may as well also sha...