Monday, June 8, 2020

Animated Object GURPS Metatrait

I've been required to make a few different animated objects since I've been converting the Pathfinder 1e adventure path Carrion Crown to GURPS. In my first conversions (which were mostly, "it'll attack like this and die from this" without too much definition of its actual traits) I began each one independently, so they tended to vary quite a bit. Later into the campaign I realized that I would need a metatrait to handle animated objects. So that's what this post is...
Animated objects in Pathfinder/D&D are magical machines, so I started with the Machine metatrait (B263) and added several things that a magical machine would need. This is what I got:
Cannot Speak, DR 5, Dependency (Mana, Very Common, Constantly), Doesn't Eat or Drink, Doesn't Sleep, Fragile (Unnatural), Hidebound, High Pain Threshold, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Injury Tolerance (No Blood, No Brain, No Eyes, No Neck, No Vitals, Unliving), Longevity, Recovery, Striking ST +2, Unhealing (Total).
Several morphological traits that might be common are: 360 Vision (where, exactly, is the "back" of an angry lamp?), Extra Attack, No Legs (Slithers/Hobbles) or perhaps Flight (Low Ceiling, Magical -10%), and Striker (Lumbering Mass, crushing).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Carrot Launcher (Large Carrot-Shooting Revolving Rifle)

This is probably going to be a bit of a strange, cutsie little post. I just posted it on my Mastodon and figured that I may as well also sha...