Thursday, September 20, 2018

GURPS Macros

For most of my gaming 'career' I have run games online over Roll20. My first game on Roll20 was Pathfinder and I was pretty inexperienced with it. By the second game, I had learned what macros were and how much it can speed stuff up. At first I was making simple macros for NPCs and combatants. As things popped up, I would add more queries to my macros to cover more situations and my macros became more sophisticated. Instead of writing a new macro for each NPC and mook, I decided to instead write a formula where I would simply plug in the relevant information and copy/paste that information into NPC Abilities. The GURPS Macros that I have collected are stored in this note of my pastebin. I am also posting all of the macros here, because why not? However, I'll point out that these macros below will be updated every now and then when something relevant needs to be changed, such as when I need to include higher range increments from the Speed/Range Table when we get into higher Tech Levels.
You may notice that there are certain modifiers added to some of the macros, such as Hard to Subdue or High Pain Threshold. This is because these macros are from the "An Orc's Lot" Campaign, where the PCs and nearly every NPC is an orc. There has been far more orc-on-orc violence than otherwise. I also recommend inspecting the macros on pastebin, as it'll be easier to view them there. Please comment with suggestions and questions. I hunger for your thoughts.
SPEED
/emas @{selected|token_name} has a speed of [[Speed&{tracker}]]
/w gm @{selected|token_name} has a speed of [[Speed&{tracker}]]
AIMING & EVALUATING
/emas @{selected|token_name} aims at @{target|character_name} ?{how many times|once|twice|thrice}
/emas @{selected|token_name} evaluates @{target|character_name} ?{how many times|once|twice|thrice}
ATTACKS WITH DAMAGE
/emas @{selected|token_name} swings his weapon at @{target|character_name} [[SL+?{Hit Location|0[torso or RHL]|-2[left arm]|-4[left hand]|-2[right arm]|-4[right hand]|-5[face]|-2[left leg]|-4[left foot]|-2[right leg]|-4[right foot]|-5[neck]|-7[skull]|-3[vitals]}+?{misc mod|0}-3d6]] for Damage Roll and Type
/emas @{selected|token_name} launches a projectile at @{target|character_name} [[SL+?{Aiming|0[I don't need to aim]|Acc[Acc]}+?{Further Aiming|0[No further aiming]|1[I need to aim]|2[I really need to aim]}-?{Speed/Range|0[1-2m]|1[3m]|2[5m]|3[7m]|4[10m]|5[15m]|6[20m]|7[30]|8[50]|9[70]|10[100]}+?{Hit Location|0[torso or RHL]|-2[left arm]|-4[left hand]|-2[right arm]|-4[right hand]|-5[face]|-2[left leg]|-4[left foot]|-2[right leg]|-4[right foot]|-5[neck]|-7[skull]|-3[vitals]}+?{misc mod|0}-3d6]] for Damage Roll and Type
[[(Damage+?{mod to basic dmg|0}-?{DR|0}[DR])*?{wounding multipliers|4[skull or eye]|0.5[all else]}]] small piercing (pi-)
[[(Damage+?{mod to basic dmg|0}-?{DR|0}[DR])*?{wounding multipliers|1.5[typical]|2[neck]|4[skull]}]] cutting Reach Parry
[[(Damage+?{mod to basic dmg|0}-?{DR|0}[DR])*?{wounding multipliers|4[skull]|1.5[neck]|1[all else]}]] crushing Reach Parry
[[(Damage+?{mod to basic dmg|0}-?{DR|0}[DR])*?{wounding multipliers|4[skull or eye]|3[vitals]|2[face/neck/groin/torso]|1[limb or extremity]}]] huge piercing (pi++) or impaling Reach Parry
Random Hit Location pieces
?{RHL?|no RHL|[[1t[RHL]]]} wounding multiplier without knowing hit location: |1[I chose RHL, multiply the damage yourself]
ACTIVE DEFENSES
/emas @{selected|token_name} attempts to dodge [[((Dodge*?{Reeling at n hp?|0.5[reeling]|1[not reeling]})+?{DB?|DB[DB]|0[no DB]})-?{Encumbrance|0[None]|1[Light]}+?{mod|0}-3d6]] (a result of *-0.5* is a successful dodge)
/emas @{selected|token_name} attempts to dodge [[(Dodge*?{Reeling at n hp?|0.5[reeling]|1[not reeling]})+?{mod|0}-3d6]] (a result of *-0.5* is a successful dodge)
/emas @{selected|token_name} attempts to Parry [[Parry+?{DB?|DB[DB]|0[no DB]}-?{Number of Parries|0[first parry]|4[second parry]|8[third parry]}+?{mod|0}-3d6]]
/emas @{selected|token_name} attempts to interpose his shield [[Block+?{mod|0}-3d6]] @{selected|bar1}
HT ROLLS
/emas @{selected|token_name} attempts to grasp onto consciousness and/or life (respectively) [[HT+1[Hard to Subdue 1]-?{negative HP Penalty|0[more than -1xHP]|1[-1xHP]|2[-2xHP]|3[-3xHP]|4[-4xHP]}-3d6]]. ?{Risk of dying?|[[HT-3d6]]|No risk of dying}.
/emas @{selected|token_name} is stunned by a major wound? [[HT+3[High Pain Threshold]+?{misc mod|0}-3d6]]
If anyone wants any instruction on how to use these, please comment below and I will make another post (and link it here) or just detail here what is to be done with these macros and what to do to make a GM's job easier. Also comment if I messed something up. 

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff!
    I was inpired by what you did on the called shots, and put it into a template and replaced the call to SL attribute by an input to be generic.
    It only requires to have a character name associated to the selected token but it could be just replaced to token_name instead.

    /emas @{selected|character_name} called shot!
    /as @{selected|character_name}&{template:default} {{name=Called Shot}} {{attack roll=[[3d6]]}} {{Target= Skill minus modifier [[?{Skill|10}+?{Hit Location|0[torso or RHL]|-2[left arm]|-4[left hand]|-2[right arm]|-4[right hand]|-5[face]|-2[left leg]|-4[left foot]|-2[right leg]|-4[right foot]|-5[neck]|-7[skull]|-3[vitals]}]]}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's smart. I have to say I'm not that familiar with the macro-fu beyond how to use queries.

      Delete

The Carrot Launcher (Large Carrot-Shooting Revolving Rifle)

This is probably going to be a bit of a strange, cutsie little post. I just posted it on my Mastodon and figured that I may as well also sha...